In the ever-evolving world of fitness and technology, Blackbaud’s Good Move can enhance and motivate by utilizing that technology to be beneficial in multiple areas – including fundraising! Good Move is a great tool to promote fun and interactive options for fundraising with activity-based tracking. We will be diving into some benefits and limitations that we found in the Good Move Integration with Teamraiser.
Benefits of Good Move
- Integration with Third-Party Devices: Good Move seamlessly connects with popular third-party devices like Apple HealthKit, Fitbit, and Strava, allowing users to effortlessly sync their fitness data. This integration ensures that users can conveniently track their progress across multiple platforms, fostering a holistic approach to health monitoring.
- Manual Activity Tracking: Good Move empowers users with the flexibility to manually log activities. This feature proves particularly useful when certain activities or exercises cannot be tracked through connected devices.
- Custom Activity Addition: The Blackbaud team provides the unique advantage of adding custom activities for organizations. This personalized touch enhances the versatility of Good Move, catering to a wider range of activities.
Limitations of Good Move as of October 3, 2023
- Inability to Remove Participants: The inability to delete participants can cause data confusion. If a participant is no longer wanting to use activity-tracking or was registered for testing purposes, the event coordinator will need to reach out to Blackbaud to have the record and the activity removed. This multi-step process can cause clutter in the data until the removal occurs on the Blackbaud side.
- Activities of Private Pages: If a page is set to private, this does not hide the activity tracking from the main page.
- Unit of Measurement: Good Move currently only supports miles as a unit of measurement, which may prove inconvenient for users accustomed to the metric system (kilometers).
- Inability to Edit Activities: Users are unable to edit activities within the app after adding them. This limitation could lead to inaccuracies in recorded data and frustrate users seeking to maintain accurate records.
- Automatic App Installation and Opt-Out: Once Good Move is installed in TR, participants are automatically pulled into the data and cannot opt-out. Even if they are not actively using the app, they will still appear as a participant in the activity-tracking. Thus, many users’ data are at ‘0’.
- Language Options: Good Move currently lacks additional language options, potentially excluding users who are not comfortable with the app’s default language.
Blackbaud’s Good Move presents a blend of benefits and limitations. While the integration with third-party devices and custom activity options enhance its appeal, the app does come with some restrictions that Teamraiser users and administrators should be mindful of. As the health and wellness tech landscape continues to evolve, we will continue to update as Good Move addresses its limitations and further refines its features to provide a seamless activity-based fundraising experience for all users.
You can count on us!
If you are interested in learning more about how we adapt our Teamraiser template to the new Good Move integration, please reach out and one of our experts will be happy to help you!