Spring is just around the corner and that means P2P fundraising events are in full swing! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use coaching emails in your TeamRaiser to increase revenue and awareness for your cause.
WHAT ARE COACHING EMAILS & WHY DO YOU NEED THEM?
Coaching emails are a tool that keeps your participants motivated and encourages them to be active fundraisers in your P2P event. You can use messages to inspire and guide fundraisers with:
- Campaign updates
- Fundraising tips
- Event reminders
TIP! You can also give praise to top fundraisers and encourage past donors to give again.
Why should you use coaching emails?
Coaching emails can help drive engagement and increase fundraising for your mission! When your P2P participants take certain actions—like sending emails, posting on social media, or updating their personal page—they raise money. Coaching emails allow you to easily target participants’ behaviors and provide a personalized fundraising experience.
EXAMPLE MESSAGES TO PARTICIPANTS
- Get familiar with your Participant Center
- Update your Personal Page
- Kick off fundraising with a self-donation
- Tips to meet fundraising goals (i.e. ask in person, send 10 emails, etc.)
- Use social media/connect your Facebook Fundraiser
- Send ready-to-post social media copy & graphics
- Updates on the event (i.e. fundraising goal progress, important information about the event, other important event information, etc.)
- Provide stories around your mission (i.e. the money you raise goes to XYZ program)
- Highlight last year’s event (i.e. what was the impact of last year’s P2P campaign AND how can they help this year)
HELPFUL TIPS FOR COACHING EMAILS
- Send messages weekly/bi-weekly 8 weeks leading up to your event
- Each message should have a single and clear call-to-action
- Consider separate messages for team captains vs. individual participants OR use conditional content
- Use conditional content based on actions taken (personal page status, no self-donation, raised $0, outstanding pledges, etc.)
- Include links to the participant center and fundraisers personal page
- Maximize your tools by using the TeamRaiser Follow Up and Milestone Autoresponders to coach early bird fundraisers months before the event
- Fundraising doesn’t have to stop at the event – it can continue for several weeks! Think about a stewardship email series after the event.
We can help! Request a consultation to learn how you can use coaching emails to increase revenue and awareness for your cause. Let’s chat!